"The Lim Clan Jetty" Top 5 Page for this destination Clan Jetties Tip by SLLiew
Clan Jetties, Penang: 11 reviews and 34 photos
Lim Clan Jetty is one of the well known traditional fishing clan jetties at Weld Quay. It is located the closest to the ferry terminal. At the entrance, there is a sign sponsored by a multinational corporation saying that it has won the best recycling project.
Apparently the jetty started in the mid-19th century of the Lim Clan who came from certain villages in Fujian Province in Southern China.
Tourists can wander freely up to the end of the jetty admiring the fishing houses built on stilts over the sea. As these are private homes, just be respectful if you are snapping photos. At the end of the jetty is a typical fishermen Chinese diety temple for safe homecoming from sea and you can have excellent view of Penang harbor of channel crossing ferries, luxury cruise liners and container ships.
Address: At Weld Quay near George Town ferry terminal
Directions: Between 22 New Jetty & & 59 Weld, Quay Foreshore.
Phone: +60 16-438 2648
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels