"Flying to Wyoming" Top 5 Page for this destination Wyoming Transportation Tip by toonsarah

Wyoming Transportation: 14 reviews and 11 photos

Brannigans Bar near Denver Airport (by Chris)
by toonsarah

While Wyoming has several airports, none of them is a major international hub and most visitors from overseas will probably find, as we did, that it’s easier and cheaper to fly to an airport in a neighbouring state and drive from there. The best options for convenience and choice of flights seemed to be Salt Lake City and Denver, and after shopping around we found that we could get a much better deal flying to the latter (we saved over £100 per person).

Choosing Denver did dictate our itinerary to some extent, meaning that we spent more time in the eastern part of the state than we might otherwise have done, but that turned out to be a good thing as it led us to some of my favourite places and sights: the Big Horn Mountains, Devil’s Tower and the various Oregon Trail sites in the south east.

There are lots of good value hotels within very easy reach of Denver Airport which was another plus as we were arriving in the evening and didn't want to drive far - I've included a link to a useful website below.

Mode: TO
Type: Airplane
Website: http://denver.airporthotelguide.com/index.html

• Written Dec 19, 2006

More Transportation in Wyoming (1)

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Wyoming?