"La Fourche - beware of this one" Pickpockets Tip by JonKelly

Pickpockets, Nice: 12 reviews and 3 photos

Alright i'm only 16, but I thought I would advise you on this specific guy. Whilst in Paris with my parents and younger sister, on La Fourche underground station we witnessed a pickpocket rob from a man who was with his younger son. They both had suitcases, presumably the man had had his wallet taken. The robber had bleached blonde hair. About a week later we were on La Fourche station on our way to our hotel and we were all carrying suitcases, my dad carrying two. Just as the doors slid shut I saw a boy with bleached blonde hair slip out of the train, and then my dad shouted after him 'Voleur' or something like that, the French for thief. My dad had his wallet, credit cards, driving liscence etc. stolen, and that really was an anti-climax to the trip. The bleached blonde hair boy seems to be a local around La Fourche station, so look out if you are travelling as a family with suitcases then be on your guard, as heavily laden families seem to be the usual target for this boy. Hope this is a help to anybody using the Paris underground service.

• Written Dec 18, 2006