"Good Size, but I hate the smell of disinfectant." Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest Tip by beanzie

Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, Budapest: 1,050 reviews and 5 photos

Stayed here for a couple of night recently. Booked online and recieved pretty much what I thought I would. One huge added bonus, I had arrived in Budapest at 8:00am after taking on overninght train. I got to the hotel around 8:45 and had hoped to simply drop off my bag and go start exploring but they had a room available and I was able to check in at 8:45 in the morning. A ridiculas possibility that I have never seen before, many thanks to the staff for arranging this little unexpected perk. It was nice to have a shower first after the train, but the room just had that uncomfortable smell of disinfectant. I really hate that smell, but I suppose once you get used to it at least you know it's clean. I was on the top floor and the windows didn't open.....arg.....oh well, at least it was clean.....Staff is very helpful and provided a map and other information. In all, a good experience, good service and I would likely stay here again. Avoid purchasing anything in the hotel lobby gift/convenience store. Also, there are many internet cafes available throughout the city, avoid using the interent cafe service at the hotel. If you have you own laptop I believe access is free, but if you are using their machines they will charge you ten times what the local cafes do. Added bonus, the hotel does have a laundry service so if you're travelling light it's a great chance to get caught up with some fresh laundry.

Address: Ter?z krt.43, Budapest, Budapest null
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 361 889 3900
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-budapest

• Written Dec 16, 2006

Comments

beanzie's Related Pages

Ranked Member

Have you been to Budapest?