"Pack for all weathers" Top 5 Page for this destination Wyoming Packing List Tip by toonsarah

Wyoming What to Pack: 12 reviews and 6 photos

Dressed for a chilly morning in Yellowstone
by toonsarah

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Even if you’re visiting Wyoming at the height of summer you need to be prepared for all weathers, and by the time we arrived in early September it already felt like autumn/fall, especially at the higher levels.

You’re unlikely to need any really smart clothes. We stayed at several of the nicest lodges in the National Parks but even dining in these the dress code was casual, and elsewhere it’s even more so. I took one nice skirt just in case, but never wore it! So I recommend you take both long trousers and shorts, tops in varying thicknesses that can be layered, comfortable walking shoes and maybe, if you are staying at one of these lodges, something just a little bit smarter if (and only if) you like to dress up a little!

Photo Equipment: A long lens is a must if you want to get close-up photos of the wildlife, but the light is pretty good so no other fancy equipment is needed. All the photos on my various Wyoming pages were taken with my little Olympus digital camera.

• Updated Dec 16, 2006

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Wyoming?