"My Favourite After Work Bar" Top 5 Page for this destination Nightclubs and bars Tip by Paul2001
Nightclubs and bars, Toronto: 60 reviews and 40 photos
I frequently get asked at work "Where should we go for a drink?". When I say "the Irish Embassy", I get puzzled stares and maybe a giggle thinking that I am making a joke relating to the Irish stereotype with regards to beer consumption. In fact the Irish Embassy is a very popular, somewhat upscale pub, in the middle of the business district in Toronto. The pub is especially popular with business people after work and all the suits seem to mesh well with the marble-top and brass decor. The Irish Embassy is housed in a building built in 1873 that used to be a bank so it has high ceilings and is very spacious. It is also very popular on the weekends. I come here during important football and hockey matches like the Winter Olympics, European Cup and Champions League games.
Dress Code: At time business attire after work to fit in but usually casual.
Address: 49 Yonge St., Toronto ON, M5E1J1
Directions: At Wellington and Yonge Street.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (78)
- See All The Aga Khan Museum
- See All Ripley's Aquarium of Canada
- See All The Toronto Blue Jays
- See All The Don Valley Brickworks
- See All One of Toronto's Most Glamourous Hotel's
- See All Multicultural Toronto
- See All The World's Biggest Bookstore
- See All A Good Place for a Burger on the Harbour
- When You Should Bring Winter Clothing
- Toronto the Good? Or is it?
- The TTC
Been to Toronto?Share your travels with the world!
Paul2001's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels