"Chain Budget Hotel" Mercure Graz Messe Tip by PhilC2

Mercure Graz Messe, Graz: 246 reviews and 3 photos

I stayed here at the Mercure Graz Messe in December 2004 with my brother and our mates Will & Mark in December 2004. Its a budget chain hotel, which is similar to our Premier Travel lodges. However, the rooms were newly furnished and looked nicer than in the pictures on the web site. I would hasten to add though that this is not really a hotel that you would take your other half on a romantic break unless you are travelling on a budget. However for 4 lads on a short city break, it was just the ticket.
The rooms have a balcony with unspectacular views, TV and a bath and shower. There is also a small, unassuming bar/ restaurant area by reception. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The was a large supermarket next door to the the hotel, which offered pretty much everything. Apart from that, the area was dominated by drab houses and nothing esle.
The only draw back was that the hotel was situated in a residential suburb of Graz and was about a 4-5 minute drive from the centre. Every time we wanted to go into town we had to hail a taxi, which from memory was about 5-6. Split between 4 people was fine but if its between 2 then it might prove costly, especially if you require a journey to look round in the day and one to go out at night. The distance is far too great to walk. There is another Mecure situated in Graz and this might be closer to the centre but I don't know the address.

Unique Qualities: There was a ladies hairdressers attached to the hotel, which seemed to be frequented by ladies of a certain age?

Address: Waltendorfer Guertel 8-10, Graz 8010
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
othercontact: H2212@accor.com
Phone: (+43)316/826300
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.accorhotels.com

• Written Dec 14, 2006

More Hotels in Graz (1)

“Always try the local food & drink”

Have you been to Graz?