"Eisstock-Schiessen and skating in MQ" Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Sports & Outdoors Tip by globetrott
Vienna Sports & Outdoors: 40 reviews and 72 photos
Inside the MQ (Museums Quartier) you will find a big variety of winter-activities such as skating or "Eisstock-schiessen" that you may see on my main picture. This is quite a popular sport in the alpine regions of Austria and Germany and you will have to try to get your "stick" as close as possible to another stick that is placed at the end of the track. Several players try to do so and each of them also has the possibility to push the "target-stick" and the other sticks away from its original position and so the game could be ended completly as a surprise. Mostly it is played by 2 teams fighting against each other
Equipment: You get all of the equipment there, you simply should have shoes that are not extremely slippery on the ice.
Directions: MQ / Museums Quartier is in a distance of 200 meters from Ringstrasse, opposite of Kunsthist. and Naturhist. museum, another entrance is at the beginning of Mariahilferstrasse.
More Sports & Outdoors in Vienna (4)
More Reviews (197)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels