Gasthof am Turm: "Had the feeling of a pub" Braunfels Restaurant Tip by darkcat_ak

Braunfels Restaurants: 2 reviews and 3 photos

The resturant to the left, castle to the right
      The resturant to the left, castle to the right
      Braunfels city center
    by darkcat_ak

I have to laugh about this eating experience. My German is really bad, and my parents have been taking German but don?t really use it so we had a really good time trying to figure out what the menu items were. About the same time we were ready to order, the waitress (who didn?t speak English) brought us a menu translated into English. I think we all ordered the same thing we decided originally. It was nice to find out we were ordering what we thought we were ordering though!

There were probably five other people in the resturant, and they were all smoking. I mention this only because my contacts don't get a long with smoky bars! But the atmosphere was worth it.

Favorite Dish: I had the tomato soup and French fries which was good. The onion soup was ordered also, and I couldn?t begin to tell you what my brother had. Something with sausage! While in Germany, eat sausage!

Directions: Go down the hill from the Castle, it will be on your right before entering the main town center.
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Updated Dec 5, 2006

Have you been to Braunfels?