"Punta Uva River Kayak Tour" Punta Uva Tip by cfritz75

My bro and Fernando
      The jungle
      Walking around the jungle
    by cfritz75
      The cave we kayaked through
    by cfritz75

It was only $35 and a very low skill level was needed...good thing since my brother hadn't ever kayaked before. We were picked up at our Bungalow at 9am by Fernando. We were driven by a taxi (which happened to be a truck w/ the kayaks in the back). After a short lesson in how to manuver the kayak we were off into the jungle surrounded river at Punta Uva. Fernando pointed out many animals including bats, monkeys, turtles, birds, and the famous Jesus Christ lizards. We also saw some odd fruits and plants, along w/ some enormous spider. When we got to the end of the river we got out and walked around a little before turning back. Fernando pointed out armadillo holes, and most likely some boa holes... at that point we all decided to get out of there :)

After paddling back to the ocean we paddled out onto the open water. Fernando lead us through a small but challenging cave just for kicks. The water was a little rough...I had a great time with this challenge, but my brother got a little nervous. We then paddled to shore and played on the beach for the next hour.

$35pp for all that (4hours) was totally worth it.

othercontact: Flyer at the front desk of Costa