"Palais Daun & Kinski for beginners" Top 5 Page for this destination 1.Bezirk / 1st district Tip by globetrott
1.Bezirk / 1st district, Vienna: 25 reviews and 48 photos
Palais Daun & Kinski is one of the most beautiful private palaces in Vienna and it was built for Graf Daun, who had a high position at the royal court of empress Maria Theresia. This baroque Palais was built by Lucas von Hildebrandt at the beginning of the 17th century, close to the Hofburg, and it has a noble restaurant inside nowadays and a gallery and auction-house.
You are able to enter the building freely and without restrictions during the day, untill late at night, when the restaurant will be closed. It makes sense to come and take a look inside, the entrancehall looks great already. Take a closer look already at the entrance-gate with its ornate door-knockers !
When you are lucky, you will be there during the week, between 10.00a.m. and 05.00p.m., when the gallery is open - see my next tip !
Address: The old part of Vienna inside the Ringstrasse
More Off The Beaten Path in Vienna (45)
More Reviews (156)
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels