Adventmarkt: "Am Steinhof" Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Shopping Tip by globetrott
Vienna Shopping: 210 reviews and 356 photos
Obviously this x-mas-market does not exist anymore !!!
BUT at the Moment I leave the Infos here, maybe they Change their mind !
The Adventmarkt am Steinhof is the only christmas-market in the outskirts of Vienna that is worth seeing for some special reasons : First of all it is quite small and rather old-fashioned and all of the handicrafts that you may buy there are made by the mentally sick people in the "Otto-Wagner-Spital". So you also make sure that these people may see the "fruits of their work" and you get something, that you will not find at any other place.
only the first 3 weekends of Advent !!!
ONLY Friday-Sunday + December 8th
from 02.00 p.m. till 07.00p.m.
On each saturday you may combine it with a visit
of the "Otto-Wagner-Kirche"
For the children : Pony-riding
What to buy: stationary, nativity-cribs, candles, mirrors in mosaique-technique, wooden handicrafts, ceramics etc. all made by the mentally sick people of the hospital
What to pay: Prices are average, Punch and other drinks are obviously ONLY available NON-alcoholic !!!
Directions: Take the Bus 48A, it starts at the Ringstrasse, close to the parliament, get out at the terminus, that market is in the first court of the hospital !
More Shopping in Vienna (17)
More Reviews (184)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels