"Sidi Ali, outside Meknes" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Things to Do Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Things to Do: 725 reviews and 1,654 photos
Sidi Ali, outside Meknes
If you are in Meknes, you are also within stone throwing distance of the zawiyya of Sidi Ali ben Hamdouch as well as Sidi Ahmed Dugharri, sources of incredible amounts of Northern Moroccan lore as well as one of the biggest and most intense of the groves for the Queen of the Unseen, the Jinn named Aicha Qandisha. The massive waterfall of discarded lingerie and other feminine wear near the shrine of Sidi Ali is something to see as well as the black cave near the grove visited byscreaming possessed people and candles...the shrine itself is in fine condition and, if you are bit daring, you could (along with all sorts of people) sleep the night there.
* the photo is only similar to the grotto of Aicha Qandisha - in fact it was shot in the Toubkal.
More Things to Do in Morocco (72)
More Reviews (215)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Bribes - Moroccan Way of Life
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All The Carpet Scam
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels