"BONITO : ABISMO DE ANHUMAS" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonito Things to Do Tip by swesn

Bonito Things to Do: 20 reviews and 38 photos

For this, you would be tethered to a rope and you have to descend 72m down into a cavern. Surrounded by stalactities of various formations, blahblahblah.

Once you have landed on the pontoon, you change into a wetsuit and jump into the subterranean lake. What you see would be utterly out-of the-world!! The silence, the strange cones that come out from nowhere, the inky bottomless pit, etc... I felt as if I was floating in space.

I was with a friend on this trip. When we both returned to the hostel and someone asked us how the trip went, we just gapped with our mouths opened, unable to utter a single word, with silly grins on our faces. It was incredible, beyond words.

However, I must state that you must not have a fear of heights for this trip. A friend who wanted to go with us gave up during the practice abseil the night before (on a 20m wall). And even if you have no fear of heights (which I generally don't), I was still a bit scared to look into the lake and not see the bottom. Just a bit of warning. But try to do this.

Truly the experience that qualifies for the tag : the most surreal and out-of-the-world experience!!

• Written Nov 30, 2006