"Sultanahmet Mosque (BLUE MOSQUE)" Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mosque - Sultan Ahmed Mosque Tip by neodue
Blue Mosque - Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul: 254 reviews and 565 photos
The Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Turkish: Sultanahmet Camii) is a historical mosque in Istanbul, the largest city in Turkey and was the capital of the Ottoman Empire (from 1453 to 1923). The mosque is one of several mosques known as the Blue Mosque for the blue tiles adorning the walls of its interior. It was built between 1609 and 1616, during the rule of Ahmed I. Like many other mosques, it also comprises a tomb of the founder, a madrasah and a hospice. The Sultan Ahmed Mosque has become one of the greatest tourist attractions of Istanbul.
Address: Sultanahmet district
Phone: +90 212 518 1319
More Reviews (110)
- See All Turkish Movies
- See All HOCAPASA STREET
- See All WHAT IS AKBIL?
- See All STAYING IN ASIAN SIDE
- See All DO NOT DRIVE IN THE CENTRE OF ISTANBUL
- See All SHOPPING MALLS IN ISTANBUL
- See All BEST VENUE FOR MUSIC
- See All RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN STADIUM
- See All 3D IMAGES OF THE HISTORICAL PLACES OF...
- BETWEEN OCTOBER AND APRIL IT IS VERY...
- See All Do not eat food in Tourist places
Been to Istanbul?Share your travels with the world!
neodue's Related Pages
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels