"Bremen" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Things to Do Tip by MichaelFalk1969
Germany Things to Do: 1,233 reviews and 1,985 photos
Bremen was once very affluent as a an independent merchant city state and member of the medieval Hanseatic League. That was long ago, though the mercantile tradition and former glory still shows.
What do to when in Bremen:
- admire the architecture:
- the Old Town Hall
- the nearby Schütting, a magnificent Patrician residence
- and the "Stadtwaage", a well-preserved merchant house
- near the Old Town Hall you find the most prominent Bremen monuments, the "Roland" (a medieval knight symbolizing the independence of many merchant cities) and the "Bremer Stadtmusikanten" (animals from a fairy tale of the Brothers Grimm).
- the pretty Old Town quarter of "Schnoor" with lots of art shops
- the "Überseemuseum" (ethnological museum)
- the St. Petri Cathedral
More Things to Do in Germany (127)
More Reviews (82)
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels