"A walk round the Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Icmeler Things to Do Tip by redrhino12

Icmeler Things to Do: 42 reviews and 85 photos

The Water Tap
by redrhino12

I remember one morning in the middle of August when the temp at 7-30 am was 35 degrees.
I was walking round taking my pics of bars and had finished up at the Julian Forest Apartments, these are the very last apartments right at the back of Icmeler with the mountain has its backdrop.
I started my walk back and because of the heat my small bottle of water was gone.
Has I neared the village I remembered a tap were the villagers get their spring water from so headed in that direction.

Has I aproached the tap it was being used by a Local farmer who was filling up his large water containers.
Now by this time my throat was like a rasp and my tongue twice its normal size through the lack of fluids.
I stood in line.
The farmer looked at me and we nodded to each other and with my only bit of Turkish croaked through my parched throat "Merhaba" he smiled and replied with the same word back and then reached for my water bottle and promptly filled it for me then handed it back.
He must have seen the tension in my face as I was waiting in line.

I thanked him,then took a drink of gods wine.
Instantly I was refreshed and resumed my walk, thinking about this small act of kindness shown to a complete stranger.

Moral of this story is Either take a Bigger bottle of water or dont walk so far.

Gene

Address: Country lanes of Icmeler
Directions: The Village
othercontact: The Water Tap

• Written Nov 28, 2006

Comments

redrhino12 Visits Here Frequently!

redrhino12

“Anticipation is part of the journey”

Have you been to Icmeler?