VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Keep your valuables locked away" Lion Sands Private Game Reserve - River Lodge Tip by joely28

Overall, our stay at Lion Sands was amazing... the game viewing, the accommodations were all fantastic. However, I am now left with a sour taste in my mouth as my cell phone was stolen while at Lion Sands by one of the employees (I was at the resort with a private group from the US and all of the phone calls made were within South Africa - strange for an American to have made all of those calls. I have deduced the only other people that could have come in contact with the phone were employees) and they were able to rack up nearly a $500USD cell phone bill before I was able to report it stolen. Unfortunately, Lion Sands Lodge has only agreed to pay $100 of that bill as they feel it is not their responsibility. So be sure to lock up all valuables when visiting as sticky fingers are about!!!

Address: Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Mpumalanga Province, Kruge
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +27 11 880 9992
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.lionsands.com

• Written Nov 23, 2006

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Kruger National Park?