Restaurant Pizzeria Mamia: "Pizza Place" Fes Restaurant Tip by kit_mc

Fes Restaurants: 38 reviews and 69 photos

by kit_mc

On our first night in Fes we were trying not to stray too far from our hotel in the Ville Nouvelle and found this place on Place Florence. With small pizzas around 30 dh and larger pizzas around 50 dh, the prices aren't total bargains but aren't a rip off either.

Service could be described as disinterested at best, although we became rather used to this in the various places we ate at in Morocco. It means that you do really appreciate good service when you find it.

There are a few possibly cheaper places in the Ville Nouvelle that also do pizza but they tended to be full of local men, not a tourist in sight and we weren't feeling too adventurous on the first evening in Morocco.

Favorite Dish: As well as pizzas, there are some other dishes available such as chicken or even steak at more expensive prices but I doubt that they would be anything amazing, rather a dull menu actually. The pizza was ok, nothing special, I'd say get the bigger size if you're having dinner rather than lunch here.

The restaurant seems fairly new actually and is nice enough inside. It was rather on the quiet side the night I was there, just another couple of tourists and one local courting couple in there. I don't think they serve alcohol here.

I had the Sicilian, which had beef salami, olives and peppers. The standard pizza fare is on the menu though, probably something for everyone and a safe bet although bear in mind that this is Moroccans serving pizza not Italians.

Address: Place Florence, Fes (Ville Nouvelle)
Price Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Pizza

• Updated Nov 20, 2006

“And it hurts with every heartbeat...”

Have you been to Fes?