"Boston has some of the nicest US architecture" Boston Public Garden Tip by richiecdisc

Boston Public Garden, Boston: 11 reviews and 14 photos

public garden
by richiecdisc

Favorite thing: Boston has some of the nicest architecture in the US and just walking around and admiring it is the one thing you just have to do. It also has some of the finest beer brewed in America and I must admit, that's why I went!

Fondest memory: I had been to Boston on a few occasions both with buddies in college and on my own to visit local friends but I had never really had a great time there. I had either not been able to get to the places I wanted to visit or people were busy working and unable to accompany me. But this time was going to be different. This was one big American City that Doreen wanted to see and we planned on finishing up our five-week tour of Eastern Canada and New England there. We arrived late one rainy afternoon and took refuge in Redbones, my favorite beer joint cum BBQ haven. It was a lengthy stop due to my inability to get a hold of my friends in town, the rain and the amusing guy we met at the bar. He seemed able to talk about just anything and fused with the great beers on tap, we had a great time whiling away the day. With the rain not abating, I was relieved to finally reach my local contacts and arranged to meet them at Cambridge Brewing over by Harvard University. We were stuffed from the huge platters at Redbones and ample beers but were planning on watching the local Red Sox take on their archival Yankees in the American League Playoffs. We were disappointed to find it canceled due to inclimate weather. Not matter, we still got into a nice session of the seasonal pumpkin ale once my friends arrived though we were happy to move it back to their house when it was suggested. We stayed up later than expected and with them having family plans the next day, we were up and out of their place early the next morning. We didn’t care as it was a gorgeous fall day and the crisp air and sunny skies beckoned us. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

• Updated Dec 8, 2003

More Favorites in Boston (1)

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Boston?