"New but definitive charming" Putrajaya - Daytrip Tip by xaver

Prime mnister office
      me and the mosque
  • Bridge - Kuala Lumpur
    by xaver

Putrajaya is the new administrative centre of the malaysian governament, taking the capital city away from Kuala Lumpur , leaving Kuala Lumpur as the country's financial and commercial capital. Moving the national administrative machinery from Kuala Lumpur to Putrajaya is in line with the Government's policy to provide a more balanced development away from Kuala Lumpur. It is a decision motivated by life in Kuala Lumpur and ensure continued growth in the Klang Valley.
Putrajaya is open to the public from 9a.m. to 5 p.m. daily including Sundays. You cannot miss Masjid Putra (Putra Mosque), Dataran Putra (with a view of the new Prime Minister's Department), and the new Seri Perdana (Prime Minister's official residence).
The most beautiful side of this area is the space, it's wide, opened and so you really feel away from the high bulidling prison of KL.The view of the Mosque on the river is simply amazing!
It is about 1 hour from the city centre.

Website: http://www.ppj.gov.my/portal/page?_pageid=311,1&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL#1283

• Written Nov 15, 2006

xaver Visits Here Frequently!

“"Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go."”

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?