"Worst Hotel I Have Stayed In!" Marunouchi Hotel Tip by bigfellaworld

Marunouchi Hotel, Tokyo: 401 reviews and 1 photos

I have travelled to many countries for my work (usually at 4-5 star hotels) and also for pleasure (usually at B+B's, backpackers, camp sites and budget hotels). I can honestly say that I have never been motivated to write a review. However, this hotel is a shocker and should be avoided. I think the other reviewer may not have actually stayed at this hotel?

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks in August 2006. It is across the road from the Tokyo Railway Station and it is clean and 'chic'. However, it is over priced, the food is a ridiculous brand of French mini meals at astronomical prices, drinks are unbelievably expensive and room service is a joke in terms of quality and choice. The breakfast menu is tiny and poor quality (I have eaten better quality food in a US$15 per night B&B). There is no pool or gym. The rooms are small and the staff are slow and unresponsive.

If I had paid for this hotel rather than my company, I would have walked out the first night. If you are going to spend US$200 ? US$300 per night for a hotel in Tokyo ? stay at the Westin, Hyatt or Hilton (Hyatt is best).

Unique Qualities: Its close to the railway station - thats about it!

Address: 1-6-3 Marunouchi
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +81 3-3215-2151
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.marunouchi-hotel.co.jp/english/index.html

• Written Nov 12, 2006

Comments

bigfellaworld's Related Pages

bigfellaworld

“You can survive life or you can live life”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.