La Comidas: "Down to earth Mexican" Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Restaurant Tip by toonsarah

Cody Restaurants: 15 reviews and 17 photos

Cody by night
by toonsarah

This place had been recommended by a couple of VT-ers (pulgaron and KimberlyAnn) and as we both enjoy Mexican food it seemed a good bet. The restaurant is conveniently located in the downtown area (on the north side of Sheridan Ave towards the eastern end). The décor is fairly basic inside but clean and welcoming. There are also tables on a small terrace outside but when we arrived a storm was threatening and we chose to go inside (just as well – only a few minutes later all those who’d been seated outside came hurrying in to get out of the rain!)

We both enjoyed the excellent salsa that was served with nacho chips as a complementary welcome dish. My Aztec enchilada (with chicken and spinach) was also good, but overall I’d say that the food wasn’t quite as outstanding as I’d expected from those other reviews – maybe I’m just picky, or maybe we caught them on an off day? We drank Fat Tyre beer, as recommended by pulgaron, which had a nice flavour but was very flat.

Favorite Dish: The salsa - tasted home-made and came in a very generous portion.

Address: 1385 Sheridan Ave
Comparison: about average
Directions: Eastern end of downtown, north side of the main street, Sheridan Ave
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Mexican

• Written Nov 12, 2006

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Cody?