"p-p--p-p pick up a penguin" Top 5 Page for this destination London Off The Beaten Path Tip by sourbugger
London Off The Beaten Path: 1,701 reviews and 3,049 photos
The area around the campus of the London School of Economics has recently recieved a number a statues, financed by a wealthly Canadian businessman. The campus covers an area just off the Aldwych on the city side.
Arann (sourbugger's son) was especially taken by the timy elephant and the lifesized pequin outside the economist bookshop. I hope to put some pictures of this on his VT page soon.
Incidentally, in the best traditions of LSE life the statue was 're-housed' for a while by the students, but it now stands firmly back in place. The glue they must have used to stick it to the pavement must be a bit stronger this time.
The full list of statues bought by the odette foundation is listed below :
Baby Tembo, a bronze by Derrik Hudson, on the steps by the Student Services Centre
Eagle, a bronze by A Duquette, by the steps to Tower One
Tiger, a bronze by A Duquette, to go in Bankside's cafeteria area
Tectonic, in steel by H Davie, to go outside Tower Three
Unions, a bronze by Bruce Watson, in the Three Tuns
Equus, in stainless steel by Edwina Sandys, to go on John Watkins Plaza
Mother Teresa, a bronze by Jose Logos Fernandez, in the Chaplaincy
Galaxy, a bronze by Gerald Gladstone, on the balcony of the Shaw Library
Small Wave, a cast bronze by Ted Bieler, in STICERD, Lionel Robbins Building
Penguin, painted aluminium by Yolanda Vandergaast, outside the Economists' Bookshop
The 3 Fates, in bronze steel by Morton Katz, opposite Tower Three
Salutation, stainless steel by Ralph Hicks, next to Peacock Theatre
More Off The Beaten Path in London (58)
More Reviews (229)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Hampton court 1 : that famous maze.
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels