"The Jinn, Genies, the Invisibles pt 2" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Local Custom Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Local Customs: 297 reviews and 362 photos
(Jamal?s) Honest Approach to the Jinn in Islam
?One group of scholars believe that jinn do not have bodies of their own.?
Because Jinn are invisible we humans don?t if they are dead. Stop getting confused, baby - here... let me make it easy for you.
Fast Track to Defining the Jinn:
1) Jinn, or genies, are invisible beings that live on earth.
2) They live longer than humans but still die.
3) Angels are often referred to as jinn, a friend of mine in Fes, Sherif Alaoui, told me a story of archangel Gabriel, and said he was a jinn.
Uses of the word jinn include hiding the already hidden; like a feeling, a thought, a dream. The popular majnoon is at once a way of saying ?Crazy!? and also someone or something that is a home to the jinn, or plural, jnoon.
For hundreds of years, there have been enormous amounts of people who think this genie biz is a embarrassing load of ***. The English really don?t take to genie talk.
Here?s some of the newer explanations for the jinn -
The jinn, historically found in dung, blood, wet and filthy places as well traveling in cold wind could easily being translated as microbes, harmful or helpful. Spot on.
The jinn possessing someone translates a bipolar, schizophrenic, epileptic. The jinn who wants a Ritual performed for it becomes someone whose desire for ritual afflicted by OCD.
The maluuk, or angelic beings, being of made of light and then the closely constructed jinn, being of smokeless fire, their speeds and behavior translates out of Islamic spiritual culture as pre-relativistic, pre-quantum theoretical.
Are you laughing? As a thought experiment - I want you to go back 1500 years, and using the language and tools of the time, describe the REAL...
othercontact: Source for quotes on homepage
More Local Customs in Morocco (88)
More Reviews (199)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Snuff
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All The Carpet Scam
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels