"HASHOOMA! Arabic for SHAME!" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Local Custom Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Local Customs: 297 reviews and 362 photos
Pronunciation HAH-SHOE-MA - Essential Moroccan Arabic this one...
It means SHAME, to be shamed, to have shame (or be shy)...
Reasons you might use it
1) You don't want to dance, try to speak arabic or french, talk to new people, etc. "I have (arabic: andy) HASHOOMA!
2) Someone offers a truly gouging price
3) Someone gives unwanted sexual attention
4) Someone is using foul language
5) Someone suggests you are a sex tourist.
Reasons someone else might use it
1) You aren't wearing enough (or any) clothes in a public or family place.
2) You are giving someone else unwanted sexual attention.
3) You are using foul language.
4) You want to pay a truly miserly price
5) If someone senses you are embarassed they will say "Andoo HASHOOMA!"
6) You actually are a sex tourist.
There are more reasons, but I feel your understanding is near complete...
More Local Customs in Morocco (88)
More Reviews (199)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Snuff
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All The Carpet Scam
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels