Virage: "VT Meeting Dinner Place" Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Virage Tip by cjg1

Bar Virage, New York City: 1 reviews and 0 photos

Well we had ourselves a VT meeting here last night. It is a nice smallish place that really is welcoming. The door is on the corner of 7th street on 2nd avenue. Walkin and you see several options for seating arrangements. I was early so headed to the bar and had a pilsner while I waited. J arrived and sat there with me chatting at the bar until the others arrived. At that time we took a table in the corner where we could sit and be "good" VTers.

I really liked the atmosphere here and would come back again. It was far from crowded until after 9pm. I have heard that it is open 24 hours but did not ask about hours.

Favorite Dish: Now for the food. The Hummus was good. I liked it. The calimari was ok. Still I liked it. Not everywhere can have great everything. But I ordered the Steak Frites and well, I'll never order that here again. It was just blah. Nothing great and made me wish I had ordered something else. And the fries were cold but far to seasoned. The other attendees did like their food and I certainly am not writing this place off for my poorly chosen choice.

Address: 118 2nd Avenue
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 6 at Astor Pl.; F at Second Ave.
Phone: (212) 253-0425
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: French
Website: http://barvirage.com/

• Updated Nov 9, 2006

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to New York City?