Choose your own!: "Campground in Girdwood" Top 5 Page for this destination Alaska Hotel Tip by Matyas
Alaska Hotels: 103 reviews and 104 photos
Would be exaggeration to assert that this will be an accommodation tip. Actually this campground was not a campground:)
There are several formed spots along the fore part of the trail where you can camp for free. These are "official" campgrounds and you can stay at the same place maximum 3 days as far as i know but i'm not sure.
Anyway this forest was a perfect place to stay, fires are allowed just pay attention. I've seen 2 black bears about 30 metres from my tent...keep the rules and you will be okay.
Unique Qualities: Camping in the wilderness meanwhile close to town. Do you need more in Alaska?!:)
More Reviews (104)
- See All Talkeetna
- See All Wildlife in Denali
- See All Livengood - Population: 29
- See All Leave what you find!
- While Hiking be prepared!
- See All Hiking!
- See All VALDEZ PROSPECTOR OUTFITTERS
- See All Wrangell Mountains By Air
- See All The most beautiful Alaskan Calendar
- See All Wildlife viewing in Skagway
- Come on Girls...this is Homer Spit! :)
- Restaurant near the Yukon
Matyas' Related Pages
Have you been to Alaska?Share Your Travels