"All the rivers run" Gloucester Things to Do Tip by iandsmith

Blessed is the water.
  • All the rivers run - Gloucester
      Even the cows love it
    by iandsmith

It's in the middle of a drought. A drought labelled by one of those in authority as a "One in a thousand year drought". While they were fermenting policies in air conditioned rooms in the nation's capital something happened. It rained.
Not totally drought saving and not everywhere, but it rained significant moisture in places. As you can see from these accompanying pictures, there was certainly enough to get the rivers running again.
In many places the farmers realised the 2006 season had some hope and, speaking for myself, I'd been in the places where I was talking to these people and, when I was there in 1994, it was worse, much worse.
While our group at the time stood there I watched lambs falling over dead in the paddock within 100 metres of me. Literally. As you can gather, it's not something I forgot in a hurry.
Those images will haunt me to the grave. 2006 never really got close to those images.
None of which means it is perfect, but there is some hope as you can clearly see in this pictorial of the Little Manning River.

• Written Nov 7, 2006

iandsmith Visits Here Frequently!

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Gloucester?