"Nibong Tebal - Seafood and bridges" Top 5 Page for this destination Information & Sources Tip by SLLiew
Information & Sources, Penang: 11 reviews and 19 photos
Nibong Tebal is in the southern part of Seberang Perai near the Perak state border. From the PLUS highway, exit at Jawi and turn south.
"Nibong" is name of "mangrove" palm and "tebal" means "thick" in Malay. You can still see many nibong palms along the Krian (Kerian) river that flows by Nibong Tebal.
There are several popular small restaurants selling seafood. Many Penangites come here to try the famous "crab broth" and "baby octopus". One of the shops is called "Chang Kee". You can see it easily as it is on the main street of town, small but crowded.
Another cowboy town with prewar houses but many new residential estates around the old town.
As there is a railway line, there are two overhead road crossing over rail and three bridges over the Krian River, one for vehicles, one pedestrain/motorcycles and one for the train.
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels