"Bukit Mertajam (BM)" Top 5 Page for this destination Bukit Mertajam (BM) Tip by SLLiew
Bukit Mertajam (BM), Penang: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Bukit Mertajam hill dominates the landscape on the mainland of Penang. In local Chinese dialect, it is called "Foot of the Big Hill". You can hike up the hill where there is a broadcasting tower through residential estate and rubber trees.
Traffic here is crowded due to the confusing one way street. Great place to eat "laksa" a popular local spicy fish based soup rice noodles. Try the one near the railway station at a hawker center next to the old cinema.
There is a famous St. Anne's Church which annually draws many Catholic devotees for a night vigil and parade of candles.
Also just outside of town is the Mengkuang Dam which locals go every now and then for a lakeside view.
Address: A Town located Central Seberang Perai, Penang
Directions: South of Butterworth-Kulim Expy & East of the AH2
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels