"Butterworth (Bagan)" Top 5 Page for this destination Butterworth Tip by SLLiew
Butterworth, Penang: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Butterworth is on the mainland, opposite Georgetown and a ferry ride across. It is like the New Jersey of New York City. Most people used to drive pass when there was no bridge. No there is a bridge, it is by-passed when Penangite islanders drive to Thailand or Kuala Lumpur.
Probably most important for tourists is that it is the railway station stop for Penang state and there is an international train daily from Bangkok as well from KL and Singapore. The train does not continue to the island.
There are many buses too but long distance buses do go over to the island.
From Butterworth side, you can have great panoromic view of George Town. During festivals, great to see fireworks on the island.
Address: Butterworth Penang Malaysia
Directions: A town along the east coast of the Malacca Strait
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels