"Close to water, too close to Bayside Inn." Quality Inn Bayside Tip by lonegranger

Quality Inn Bayside, Fort Walton Beach: 123 reviews and 0 photos

I was there for the Musical Echoes Flute Festival in late April of 2006. They upgraded my room so that is always a plus. There are a couple of buildings that encompass this hotel with a keyed entrance. My room was spacious, had a wonderful view of the International Gulf Waterway with cargo ships running regularly and the island just across is military so no giant hotels to block the view.

The desk staff is friendly, helpful, responsive and let me fax my flight confirmation. I like this place overall but it is too far from the Landing, where the festival is held. Other problems with this place is that it is right next to the Bayside Inn. IN fact people kept asking me where room so and so was and it would turn out to be a Bayside Inn room. One guy had a gun underneath his shirt and was looking for a certain room. A fight broke out in the parking lot, but it turned out to be a party at the Bayside Inn. People were obviously having major beer bashes out on the decks of their rooms, in the halways and in the parking lots.

There were also some graduation parties being held at my hotel during my stay so it was a little tough to sleep and the walls are thin. I did have a table and fridge which helped when I couldn't finish my food. It is next door to a Red Lobster and a Waffle House so you won't starve. Lots of places to buy booze in Ft. Walton if that is your thing. Rooms are clean enough and housekeeping was practically invisible, which sometimes is just as well when you want to be left alone. Good stations on TV too. I'd recommend an ocean view room on the 2nd floor.

Unique Qualities: Wonderful Pier just behind the hotel that is for guests only. Gazebo is nice too. Continental breakfast is nice touch, but get there early. Front desk people are responsive and helpful. It helps that there is a computer in the lobby for guests.

Address: 322 Miracle Strip Parkway, , Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 850 275-0300
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-fort_walton_beach-florida-FL685

• Written Nov 6, 2006

“I'll get there soon enough.”

Have you been to Fort Walton Beach?