"Cheap, but not very good." Top 5 Page for this destination El Adobe Inn Tip by rsilva

El Adobe Inn, Monterey: 130 reviews and 5 photos

We stayed at this hotel for one night only as we found the El Dorado Inn just a few meters down the road with a better rate (read my other tip).

The lady at the reception (I think she was the owner) was not very friendly and we were given a room on the second floor, which obviously had no elevator, so we had to carry our heavy suitcases up the stairs.

The room was large, but very old. Furniture must have been from the 70's and it was quite dark. Shampoo was awful and so was the soap. Hair Dryer was available on request...

Breakfast was also very poor. Only "Danish" pastry (seems to be very popular in Monterey), juice and coffee/tea. It is self-service and you have to take it to your room.

Room rate was $89 plus tax, total of $97.

Location is quite good, just 5 minutes walking distance from downtown Monterey and 10-15 minutes from the Fisherman's wharf.

I did not enjoy this stay, mainly due to the unfriendly nature of the owner. Although this place is clean and slightly better than the El Dorado Inn (two kinds of juice for breakfast, slightly larger rooms), I would really go for the 'Dorado anytime.

Unique Qualities: Free wireless internet
Close to the center

Address: 936 Munras Ave, Monterey, CA 93940
Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 831 372 5409
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.el-adobe-inn.com

• Written Nov 4, 2006

Comments

rsilva

“Next stop... ?”

Have you been to Monterey?