"Friends of God - Moroccan intercessionaries" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Local Custom Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Local Customs: 297 reviews and 362 photos
Without insulting any religion, the human need for intercessionary beings seems to a constant. Whether it is meditation on the Buddha, an offering to the Orisha, or appealing to an angel - absolute directness with the divine is the exception rather than the rule in this world. Islam, which officially rejects even Muhammad (pbuh) as an effective intermediary between man and God when it comes to praying, STILL culturally has a wide berth for angels, friends of God, those who have died in the cause, and by perilocution, Muhammed (pbuh) used as helpers.
Enormous festivals are held throughout Morocco for the friends of God such as Moulay Idriss, Moulay Bouchta, Moulay AbdulAllah bin Hussein and the list literally goes on and on...
More Local Customs in Morocco (88)
More Reviews (199)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Snuff
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All The Carpet Scam
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels