"Baraka - the spiritual essence of the universe" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Local Custom Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Local Customs: 297 reviews and 362 photos
Baraka - it is the unseen energy that transfers itself through everything. Baraka is the blood of cause and effect. Baraka is in the very old, in cats, in acts of generousity, in a sacrifice, in prayer, in love and list goes on. Liken baraka to chi, to the "Force" - baraka is something people can be sensitive about losing and gaining. When praising someone's items add "T'barak Allah alik" so as not to rob them of their baraka and put the eye on them.
Materials can be charged with baraka - like bread left at a holy shrine, water in a dish that has been danced with by a gnawa, money offered to a beggar...
Baraka also is used to mean "Enough" when you are full of food.
More Local Customs in Morocco (88)
More Reviews (199)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Snuff
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All The Carpet Scam
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels