"San Domenico" Cagli Things to Do Tip by deecat

Madonna and Child with an Angel
      Carving of Christ in a Tomb
      Another Beautiful Painting in the Church
    by deecat

I had read in Marche Voyager to "Search out the pleasing fresco of the Madonna and Child with Saints by Giovanni Santi--the angel to the left of the picture is said to be a portrait of Santi's better known son, Raphael."

That was all the information I had; thus, the search began. It was to be the church near the hospital. The only trouble was that there were two churches.

The second photograph is of the yellow sign that I discovered that announces that the church I'm looking at is SAN DOMENICO.

I go inside, and all the information is in Italian. To be safe, I take several photographs of Madonna and Child.

The first photograph is the one I was seeking:
Madonna and Child with Saints by Giovanni Santi.

The Third Photograph is one such photograph. There are angels and friars besides the Mother and Child..

The fourth photograph is of a carved wooden statue of Christ in a tomb. From a distance, it looks like a real body.

The last photograph is a beautiful painting in a really elegant white carved frame.

I sure do hope that all of these photographs that I took are from the Church of San Domenico near the hospital!

• Written Nov 2, 2006

Comments

deecat

Have you been to Cagli?