"Debki - The other centre of the universe" Poland Things to Do Tip by Ekaterinburg

Poland Things to Do: 398 reviews and 656 photos

Debki, about four or five km from Krokowa is my second favourite place in this part of Poland. As we travelled further from Krokowa we discovered that there certainly is mass tourism in parts of the Baltic but our first encounter with a Baltic beach was Debki and it will forever remain pristine in my mind. Before I left ireland I had been told that the best beach on the Baltic was Debki but I had no idea that this was the beach closest to Krokowa. It's an almost perfect combination of countryside, forest and beach. You approach through golden wheatfields, cut through the deep shady forest and emerge on a spectacular beach. In the middle of the forest is a single paved roadway with some wooden shops and beachbars. -This is the 'strip' - no traffic, no congestion, no honkytonk, just this single paved part of the forest between you and the sea. There are campsites off among the trees and the cutest wooden houses you have ever seen. When you emerge fromthe trees and hit the sand, the impact of the Baltic is breathtaking and as it's not overcrowded you can do some serious communing with the elements. Not to be missed under any circumstances.

Directions: Debki is on the coast, about 5km from Krokowa.

• Written Nov 1, 2006

Comments

Ekaterinburg

“Outside of a cat, a book is (wo)man's best friend.Inside of a cat, it's too dark to read. ( Apologies to G. Marx)”

Have you been to Poland?