"Where else could you find..." Top 5 Page for this destination London Off The Beaten Path Tip by sourbugger
London Off The Beaten Path: 1,702 reviews and 3,054 photos
Britannia, two Arabic men, a lion, a camel, a crocodile, a black man carrying tusks, a colonial loading a gun, the head of an elephant, a wildebeest and a snake ?
Benjamin Clemens (the sculptor) is responsible for the look of 'Africa House', a somewhat exotic 1920's building that stands half-way along the Kingsway. It is probably best viewed from the other side of the wide street.
Despite all these rather un-PC correct references, the building still houses amongst other things the London offices of (inappropriately enough) UNICEF.
A real period piece.
More Off The Beaten Path in London (58)
More Reviews (229)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Hampton court 1 : that famous maze.
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels