"Tailoring in Bangkok" Tailors Tip by Kamster

Tailors, Bangkok: 3 reviews and 0 photos

Getting suits made in Bangkok are often one of the 'need-to-do' list of travellers wanting to take advantage of the cheap tailoring. However, it takes time to find the right tailor to suit individuals. As my two-cents worth, I would advise to stay away from "Ambassador & Smart Fashion" located at Sukhumvit. Despite large selection of good quality fabrics, the tailoring skills are nothing to rave about. Bad measurements, leading to bad cutting and of course, disappointing after product. After spending an aggregated time of a full day at the tailors, I have to say, their much recommended reputation of excellence in tailoring skills and expertise did not impress me at all.

Unique Suggestions: I would suggest to not try this tailor at all.... save your money, headaches and disappointments.

Fun Alternatives: Finding the right tailor takes time, I would suggest perhaps engage in various tailors to make one business shirt prior to making more outfits. This would allow for you to assess in their tailoring skills and expertise.

• Updated Nov 1, 2006

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Bangkok?