Restorante-Caffe Cantina dell Arte: "Real "Deals" Offered at...." Top 5 Page for this destination Ascoli Piceno Restaurant Tip by deecat

Ascoli Piceno Restaurants: 8 reviews and 14 photos

Pasta Special at Restorante Caffe Cantina del Arte

Pasta Special at Restorante Caffe Cantina del Arte
      The Staff at Restorante-Caffe Cantina dell Arte
      Allan in front of Restaurant Entrance
    by deecat

If you are even on a more restricted budget than Allan and I were, you would do well to eat all your meals at the Restorante-Caffe Cantina dell Arte in Ascoli Piceno. Staying at the Pensione across the street, the Cantina dell' Arte, 2-star hotel, affords one the opportunity to eat here for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 20 Euro per person!

We only ate dinner here on the first night. For the special rate of 12 Euro per person, we were able to order off of a special menu that (I thought) was somewhat restrictive.

Allan and I chose:
Pasta with Meat Ragu

Mista Grill (with mixed kinds of Pork) including Pork Sausage, Pork from the Rib, and a Shiska Bob on a stick.

Insalata Mista (mixed salad)

House Wine (Allan had rosso (red), and I ordered bianco (white)

In addition, we ordered a custard with chocolate plus expresso.

The total bill was27 Euro.

Favorite Dish: I felt too restricted with the limited menu, but, I must admit, the food was plentiful and good. It's obvious that meat is eaten more in the Le Marche area than in most other regions that we have visited in Italy.

Photo One: The Pasta with Meat Ragu Sauce

Photo Two: The three people who waited on us in the restaurant. When we were leaving, they were sitting down to eat, and I asked if I could take a photo.

Photo Three: It was about eight o'clock as we were going into the restaurant, and I snapped this picture of Allan outside the entry. (It's really too dark of a photo, sorry).

Address: Rua della Lupa, 5 63100 Ascoli Piceno
Comparison: less expensive than average
othercontact: e-mail: ristorante@cantinadellar
Phone: 0736.251135
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.cantinadellarte.it

• Updated Nov 9, 2006

Comments

deecat

Have you been to Ascoli Piceno?