Mangiafuoco Bracerie: "for those with a decerning pallate" Mangiafuoco Bracerie Tip by donatellad

Mangiafuoco Bracerie, Florence: 3 reviews and 1 photos

Florence has a new ristorante that is truly a one of a kind fine dining experience with the personal pampering of your mama or favorite auntie...
Like a fine wine, Barbara and Daniela, co-owners, along with Chef Rosie, have created a perfect blend of outstanding food, ambiance and artistic vision to make Mangia Fuoco a truly one of a kind restaurant/bracerie. I am not sure which impresses me more: the seemingly endless choices of Tuscan fare on the menu; the masterful presentation of these culinary delights; or the impeccable personal treatment and attention given to every last detail by the hosts.Whether you decide on the simple yet elegantly prepared polenta, creamy and soft inside with a crispy outer crust topped with sauteed mushrooms, the homemade gnocchi floating on a decadent formaggio cream sauce drizzled with crispy bites of pancetta or the traditional Napalitana dish of panna alle pommodoro, your gastric juices will be flowing and begging for more scrumptious treats...and Barbara and Daniela will meet your highest expectations! Their flawless execution of table side filleting of the whole sea bass or perfectly grilled and seasoned bistecca fiorentina, sliced into succulent slices of heaven, not to mention the grilled tender rack of lamb and other delights, proves that Daniela and Barbara have introduced to Florence what could very well be a sophisticated fine dining experience I may find in San Francisco (my previous place of residence) with the warmth, comfort and pampering of what I love about the trattorias and restaurants of Florence (my current place of residence).
Mangia Fuoco pleases all of my senses and I am so grateful that there is finally a restaurant that actually combines my American and Italian culinary needs and surpasses my every expectation.
4 stars to Daniela and Barbara !
Grazie and BRAVA !

Favorite Dish: I am not sure that I could choose just one dish as I mentioned above, but I do have fond childhood memories of my mom's panna alla pomodoro ( Italian bread soaked in tomato sauce), so I guess that I would have to choose that.

Address: Via Guelfa 24 near San Lorenzo street market
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Between Il Duomo and Piazza San Marco one block west of Via Cavour (main street)
Phone: 055 21 92 01
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.mangiafuocofirenze.it/

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Written Oct 30, 2006

More Restaurants in Florence (1)

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Florence?