"Medinah Temple/Bloomingdale's Home Store" Top 5 Page for this destination Chicago Favorite Tip by yooperprof
Chicago General: 445 reviews and 517 photos
Favorite thing: An interesting example of architectural resurrection. In order to create a suitable emporium to sell housewares and furniture, Bloomingdale's gutted the old Medinah Temple building - the Shriners' Hall, which was also used by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra as a performance and recording space. There are still plenty of splendic architectural details inside and out that make this "Eclectic Moorish" style building fascinating to explore.
600 N. Wabash, in River North
More Reviews (143)
- See All Nice Ice on the Northside
- See All Cocktails without tears
- See All Best Restaurant named after a Grimm...
- See All Metra Trains to/from the burbs
- See All Art Galleries in the River North
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels