Lake Yellowstone Hotel: "Lovely place to dine" Yellowstone National Park Restaurant Tip by toonsarah

Yellowstone National Park Restaurants: 54 reviews and 86 photos

Chris at breakfast
by toonsarah

We had two dinners and two breakfasts in the dining room at Lake Yellowstone Hotel and were very happy with all of these meals. In addition to the good food, the room is very light and airy and the staff were ultra friendly (though the service was a little slow at one of the breakfasts).

We found the menu more interesting than the one at the Old Faithful Inn though as both are operated by Xanterra some of the same dishes appear on both. Our dinner choices were;
1st evening – shared a great lobster ravioli starter, then I had pan-seared duck breast with a lemon-chive sauce, wild mushroom bread pudding and vegetables (very good apart from the rather stodgy bread pudding) and Chris had a pasta dish
2nd evening – both started with a cup of soup (sweet corn bisque for me, gazpacho for Chris) then I had a salmon special and Chris the free-range sauteed chicken breast with seared foie gras, madeira poached apple and lyonnaise potatoes, about which he enthused a lot!

And if you do dine here, make time for a cocktail in the lovely lounge first – I can highly recommend the ruby red cosmopolitan, but they also mix a great martini.

Reservations by the way are essential here. I called several weeks before our visit (in early September) but had to settle for dinner at 8.15 on one evening, rather than our preferred 7.30 slot.

Favorite Dish: My favourite would have to be the lobster ravioli while Chris would probably say the chicken breast.

Or maybe it was that cosmopolitan???

Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the main Lake Yellowstone Hotel building
Phone: Reservations: 307.344.7311
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.travelyellowstone.com/lake-hotel-dining-room-deli-174.html

• Updated Mar 10, 2010

More Restaurants in Yellowstone National Park (1)

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Yellowstone National Park?