"Walking Tour of Monterey (2)" Top 5 Page for this destination Fisherman's Wharf Tip by Ewingjr98
Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey: 25 reviews and 70 photos
Continued from my previous Walking Tour of Monterey Tip where you were at Commercial Wharf.
9. Cross Del Monte Street and stop by El Estero Park, where the tourist information center sits in the old French Consulate. Also in this area is Dennis the Menace Park if you have kids.
10. Near the back corner of the park, along Fremont, is Cathedral of San Carlos Borromeo, the oldest cathedral in the US.
11. Heading back northeast into downtown, catch the Monterey Path of History Walking Tour making certain to stop at Colton Hall and the old jail.
12. Head into downtown along Alvarado Street. If you are hungry there is no better place in town to eat: Old Monterey Cafe for breakfast, the Britannia Arms for lunch (especially if there are sports on!), Turtle Bay Taqueria for lunch, and the Crown and Anchor or Mucky Duck for dinner.
13. Swing by Customs House Plaza and visit some of the small gardens just north as you stroll toward Pacific Street. Ensure you see California's First Theater and it hidden garden to the rear.
14. At Pacific turn right and head to the Lower Presidio Historic Park where you will see the Father Serra Monument and enjoy a spectacular view over the Bay.
15. Out the other side of the Presidio Park puts you on Lighthouse Ave, just a few streets above Cannery Row. This stretch has several good restaurants and bars as you head back to the parking garage.
Phone: +1 831-649-6544
More Things to Do in Monterey (23)
More Reviews (221)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French Consulate
- See All Siamese Bay Thai (Webster Street) - Old...
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels