Flame Tree Barbecue: "Best Fast Food in Animal Kingdom" Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Restaurant Tip by starship

Orlando Restaurants: 517 reviews and 619 photos

Great BBQ!
by starship

(Many pictures to follow but for some reason they won't upload!??!)

My very favorite place to eat in the Animal Kingdom Park is the "Flame Tree Barbecue"!! Their dry-rub, spicy seasoned ribs are the BEST! I get the rib platter every time we visit there. The Flame Tree also has pulled-pork BBQ sandwiches; roasted, sliced turkey sandwiches; chicken; side dishes and desserts too. On our October 2006 visit we were on the Disney meal plan (see other tips and intro) --this meal is counted as a quick-service meal which covered whatever platter you chose plus drinks and dessert. Had we not been on the Disney meal plan, the tab for this lunch would have come to about $60 for the 4 of us! A hefty price to be sure, but worth it in my opinion. Each individual rib or sandwich platter is under $10 per person, but of course the drinks and dessert run the price up several dollars more. My rib meal was so delicious and it came with baked beans, corn on the cob, cole slaw and for dessert I chose the key lime pie. Everyone in my family enjoyed their meal too! No wonder we keep returning!

Favorite Dish: Although I have been consciously trying to stay away from meat dishes more often, I love coming to the Flame Tree Barbecue and I love the rib platter!! But on top of that, this little "take-out" place has the most scenic seating area and I love that just as much as the meal! You can walk down to several different levels of seating areas, all covered by uniquely carved & painted pavilions, surrounding by pools, lush tropical plants & trees, or the lake. It's not uncommon at all to see ducks, a large white heron or other wading birds at the water's edge.

The views across the lake are spectacular! From most of the seating areas you have a fantastic view of "Expedition Everest," and some other rather cool sights. You've just got to see it for yourself!

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In Animal Kingdom Park -- on the lake with views of Everest and the South Asia sections of the park
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Barbecue

• Updated Oct 29, 2006

“Any day spent traveling is a good day!”

Have you been to Orlando?