"Beware ! Con-job of tourists !" Locanda Leon Bianco Tip by joebre

Locanda Leon Bianco, Venice: 398 reviews and 2 photos

Found it difficult to find a suitable hotel for our dates ! Panicked a little and decided to book Leon Bianco ! Charged 165 euro per night for a Junior Suite.
We stayed in Room 9, just inside the front door and beside the reception desk. Not a good choice, as the staff spent 2 hours chattering
Breakfast was served in the room. Breakfast was continential, tea/coffee, orange juice, 2 mini rolls, croissant and melba toast per person.
Overall, our stay was fine, even if over-priced, until the last morning. We got up, for breakfast at 9.45. We then lay back on the bed as we had a number of hours to pass, prior to our flight time. We got an angry knock on the door at 10.50, advising that latest check-out was 10.30 and that we had 10 minutes to leave the room. My wife packed the bags while I went to pay the bill. The hotel prefers cash.
We asked if we could leave our bags for a couple of hours and the hotel had no problem !
We returned about 3.00 p.m to be accosted by the housekeeper. She asked what we had done to the sheets ? She showed us a large cofffe stain on the sheet and said that the mattrerssses had been destroyed !
We stated that we did not know anything about what happed and that the room had been left open on our departure. I was put on the phone to Stefano who did not bother to call and see us ! We were never shown the damage to the mattress ! I replied that if we had caused damage to his property, that we were unlikely to leave our bags on the premises.
I felt that I had explained the situation satisfactorily and we left. I received an e-mail from Stefano 2 days later which stated that all the other people in the hotel were old and that they would not have caused the damage. He was putting a 300 euro charge on my credit card. The subsequent e-mails from him have been aggressive !
I believe that htis is a con-job as we never caused any damage to hotel property and we were never shown the damaged mattress. Other travellers take note and beware !

Address: Corte Leon Bianco 5629, , Venice, Veneto 30131