Laguna Mar Resort & Casino: "Excellent All-Inclusive Resort" Isla Margarita Hotel Tip by Merseygolfnews

Isla Margarita Hotels: 15 reviews and 24 photos

Looking twds the windbreak on the beach
      Looking twds the windbreak on the beach
    by Merseygolfnews
      Local fishermen making their way home
      Swimming with Dolphins at Diverland, Porlamar
    by Merseygolfnews

We booked the Laguna Mar on the basis of the description online from First Choice and from reviews online and we were not disappointed. Everything that we expected we got. (We were there from 17th -31st August 06).

We stayed in a Master Suite in the South Tower and unusually for First Choice we had a balcony (in fact it was huge with a lovely view over the pool and the rest of the complex). The reason for the Suite was due to an admin error, our booked two rooms were not available so my wife, my two daughters (Claire & Hannah) and I were forced to share. However the downside of sharing was more than made up with the view from the balcony, two substantial bathrooms and lots of space. The Air-Con is cool but my wife sorted out a nice medium and we suffered no problems with condensation.

A number of previous reviewers had suggested taking small dollar bills to use as tips for the bar staff and I would seriously advocate this. Each day and night the staff at the pool bar (Tomas and Martin ? I think) and the lobby bar (Pedro especially, although all four regular staff were outstanding). We only had to approach the pool bar and Tomas or Martin were pouring our drinks. The bar staff in the lobby are very watchful but discreet and would bring over fresh drinks as our current ones were nearly empty. No queuing up.

I am not going to go into great details over this and that restaurant, but I will stress that the Cazon Grill at the beach is OUTSTANDING. A previous report stated that the food was the same, well correct me if I am wrong but what do you get or expect from a barbecue. The food was freshly barbecued on the grill before you and yes it was chicken, pork steak, fish and beef steaks each day, but beautifully prepared, cooked and served by cooks who enjoyed what they were doing. The younger ones were also catered with burgers, hot dogs and chips. As with all the over restaurants there was a fine variety of salad ingredients and fresh fruit for afters.

Unique Qualities: See above review

Address: Laguna Mar Resort, Pampatar, Isla Margarita
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Theme: Hotel

• Written Oct 26, 2006

“Go local”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Isla Margarita?