Ashmore Rd. Seafood & Steak: "Big meals, big value" Top 5 Page for this destination Steak & Seafood Tip by robertgaz

Steak & Seafood, Gold Coast: 2 reviews and 5 photos

Rare steak and bugs
      Rare steak and bugs
      And vegies too
      With red wine... naturally
      Garlic bread
      Chilli mussels
    by robertgaz

The first thing that hits your olfacory as you approach the entrance are the delectable aromas of sizzling steaks.

And as you walk in you will see a display counter which shows you all the different cuts of meat and various seafoods available and also the size of each serve including the salads. So you can pretty much make up your mind before being seated.

Once at your table you can then order drinks at the bar. They have an enormous collection of some 25,000 wine bottles so once decide which tipple's for you you can pay for it at the bar, grab some glasses and go to your table to order your meal.

The meal starts with toasted garlic focaccia bread which is free flowing all night and already included in the price of your meal. All tables are provided with menu sheets on which you place your name, table number and tick the meals that you want.

I like this system of ordering meals because it makes paying the bill easy when dining with a large group of people. For example, I placed my name and table number on the menu sheet with all the meals for my family ticked on one sheet and that is all I was billed for at the end. No bill splitting or disagreements over who ate what and how much.

All in all the service here was first class and the food was simply delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the Gold Coast.

Because the meals are enormous and the garlic bread keeps coming all night, the chances are you won't be able to finish your meal. Just ask the waitress for a "doggy bag" which comes as a styrofoam container into which you can place your unfinished food for later on.

Favorite Dish: As is my wont, I ordered a blue steak, Moreton Bay bugs with chips and vegetables. The steak had a bacon crust and must have been close to 500g and was mouthwateringly delicious and the "bugs" (which are much like small lobsters) were tender and sweet.

I'm happy to add that I had no need for a "doggy bag" because I finished all my steak, bugs, chips, vegies, focaccia breads and a bottle of red.

It was very hedonistic of me but I really enjoyed the night... burp.

Address: Cnr Reed St & Ashmore Rd, Ashmore
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Near the Ross Street roundabout next to the Royal Pines Golf Course.
Phone: +617 5539 2776
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Updated Oct 25, 2006

“My WAy's the byWAys of W.A.'s highWAys...”

Have you been to Gold Coast?