"Torch of Friendship" Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio Off The Beaten Path Tip by Yaqui

San Antonio Off The Beaten Path: 119 reviews and 184 photos

Wow, while reading about the Torch of Friendship, there is much debate of how many locals do not like the sculpture. Some call it, "Gumby delivering a pizza." I think much of this comes from the amosity of political events that are a constant between the US and Mexico. Yet, everyone has there right to their opinion, but for myself I liked it a lot! I enjoyed the bright color and seeing it against the constrast of the clouds and blue sky. I just wished my camera took better pictures at the time. This sculpture was a gift to San Antonio by the Mexican General Consulate and other Mexican leaders in the community to represent the friendship and the roots many do share in Texas and Mexico. It color, which is called Sebastian (the scupltor) Red, stands 65 feet tall and sits on the intersection of Alamo, Losoya, and Commerce streets intersect so everyone could see it from all angles as they went about there lives everyday.

Website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio,_Texas

• Updated Oct 27, 2006

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Have you been to San Antonio?